Sign in or
The Cane Corso
The Cane Corso is a great guard dog, extremely loyal to its family and quite aloof with strangers. Cane Corso Italian Mastiffs have a instinctively very protective nature and yet is able to discern friend from foe. The Cane Corso instinctively knows when to become a defensive and protective dog for its owner, his grounds, the house and the whole family. With proper training the Italian mastiff is submissive to his family, suspicious of strangers, and a big old lap dog. The Cane Corso puppy bonds to his family and becomes quite attached especially to the children. The Cane Corsos enjoy being included in the family activities and are very athletic and enjoy being worked. The Cane Corso is not to be left in the backyard to their own devices. They will become large, destructive unhappy animals so make sure this breed is right for you! There are two accepted standards for the Cane Corso and the Cane Corso Association of America recommends the AKC recognized Cane Corso standard.
Make a page for your Cane Corso.
Share Cane Corso rescue stories.
Know about these dogs? Click EasyEdit to add info anywhere on this page.
Physical Description and SizeThey are to be proportioned and not to exceed 27" at the withers or 115-120 lbs although the two main standards call for a slight variation from each other.
TemperamentVery loyal, willing to please and quiet around the house. The Cane Corso is highly intelligent and very trainable. Active and even-minded, he is an unequalled watch and protection dog. The Cane Corso Italiano is great with children in the family. Docile and affectionate with the owner. They are protective yet gentle. The Cane Corso has a very stable temperament. It makes an excellent guard dog and watchdog. It will not wonder from the home. They stick close to their masters. If necessary he becomes a terrible and brave protector of people, house and property. The Cane Corso is not a fighting dog. They were bred as working dogs for hundreds of years. Therefore they will not go out "looking" for a fight, but on the other hand they will not back down from other dogs. The Cane Corso requires an experienced owner. It can be aggressive with strangers and other dogs. It should be carefully socialized when it is a pup. It is highly recommended that these dogs become fully obedience trained. When fully trained, the Cane Corso makes an amenable companion. Suspicious of strangers, but wonderful with the family. It will usually put up with strangers if the owners are present. When raised correctly, the dog should be submissive to all members of the family. - from dogbreedinfo.com
Dog CareAll natural food is the only way to go [ www.QualityDogFood.com ] for any dog. Their food should not be too rich at puppy hood because they are considered a Large Breed and growing to fast can cause bone problems as with any Large Breed. Minimal coat care. This food works wonderfully for every dog and breed we have owned. It secures a steady slow healthy growth rate, along with providing much more nutrition than any commercial brand on the market currently can offer.
Health Issues and Life ExpectancyThey are prone to Hip Dysplasia, bloat, Cherry Eye. Some lines in this breed have known to consistently produce epliptic dogs. Fed a good diet and with the proper care you can expect your Corso Dog to live 10-12 years.
- Cane Corso Puppies - breeders can advertise litters for free.
- Sovrana Cane Corso - Hobby breeder located outside of Atlanta, GA. Champion lines, health guaranteed, antique style.
- www.CorsoLuv.com - an online cane corso passion page community.
- www.CaneCorsoGallery.com - a place where corso owners come to post their photos of their corso dogs.
- www.CorsoTalk.com - a message board to talk and learn about the Cane Corso.
- www.CorsoDogs.com - Texas Cane Corso Breeder
- www.BellaConBrio.com - Minnesota Cane Corso Breeders.
- www.CorsoPups.com - Cane Corso Breeder in New Mexico, US. Corso information, resources, photos, pedigrees, and more. Corso Rescue listings. All dogs Health Tested and Guaranteed.
- www.PacificaCaneCorso.com - Cane Corso Italiano Breeder in CA. Imported foundation stock. Puppies available, with written guarantee.
- www.CaneCorso.org - The american registry for the Cane Corso.
- Mountain state cane corso- Cane Corso breeder and trainer.
- www.ParadiseCaneCorso.com - Washington STate Breeder
- www.CastleGuardCaneCorso.com - Colorado Breeder
- www.CarrollwoodCaneCorso.com - Florida Breeder
- www.PotenzaBorgata.com - Tennessee Breeder
- www.bellissimacanecorsos.com - Tennessee Breeder
- www.stoneridgecanecorso.com -Ohio Breeder
Cane Corsos on WikiFido
Latest page update: made by caninetrain
, Apr 24 2012, 4:41 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by caninetrain
6 words added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: Breeder
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|petgirl117||Cane Corso Puppies||1||Sep 13 2010, 1:10 AM EDT by meyati|
Thread started: Sep 12 2010, 5:15 PM EDT Watch
Taking deposits now for a new litter coming the first week of October. Please call to make an appointment to see our adults @ (954) 382-5037. If you're looking for quality Cane Corsos with great temperaments, look no further. Contact Breedmaster Dog Training and Breeders of Cane Corsos today and come see the most beautiful Cane Corsos! In your life...you have never seen a dog like a Cane Corso!
Do you find this valuable?
Keyword tags: Cane Corso Breeder
Showing 1 of 1 threads for this page