Sign in or
Dogs have made their mark throughout history. Some are real, some are fictional, but they’re all memorable.
- Rin Tin Tin – This German Shepherd was a real WWI pup immortalized by Hollywood through movies and TV.
- Laika – The first living creature to orbit earth in 1957 via Sputnik 2.
- Togo - a Seppala Sleddog who was the real hero of the alaskan medicine run, running the longest and hardest and saving the medicine many times (he even jumped into the freezing waters with the rope to pull a chunk of ice with the sled and medicine to pull it to the other side). sadly, because balto got the last run into town, he was honored instead of Togo.
- Balto – Sled dog that helped relay lifesaving medicine to remote Alaska in 1927 and inspired the annual Iditarod.
- Moose – The real dog that played the fictional Eddie on the long-running TV series, Frasier.
- Spuds McKenzie – This Budweiser spokesdog was a real party animal, despite the fact that the Bull Terrier was a female.
- Anubis – The half dog, half jackal Egyptian god of the dead and guardian of graves, including Tutankhamen's tomb.
- Cerberus – The three-headed dog guarding Hades in Greek mythology
- Marmaduke – The famous cartoon Great Dane who’s always getting into scrapes.
- Snoopy – Whether he’s Joe Cool, the Red Baron, or just plain Snoopy, he is perhaps the world’s most famous Beagle.
- Lassie – For over 50 years, this fictional TV Collie has been the ideal dog.
- Beethoven – Due to a successful movie of the same name, this St. Bernard became a canine superstar.
- Old Yeller – This movie about a dog of the same name is a great argument for getting your dog vaccinated against rabies.
- Cujo – Stephen King’s frightful “tail”.
- Odie – You know, Garfield’s best friend.
- Toto – Dorothy’s cute little Cairn Terrier in The Wizard of Oz.
- Goofy – Mickey’s sidekick and a Disney classic.
- Nipper – The famous Jack Russell Terrier who was the face of RCA Victor back in the day. Also known as “His Master’s Voice.”
- Taco Bell Dog – This little Chihuahua, named Gidget, had a big appetite.
- Pluto- Mickey's dog and a Disney classic.
Latest page update: made by dramaqueen04252
, Feb 3 2009, 12:55 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by dramaqueen04252
69 words added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: Anubis balto budweiser cerberus comic famous fraiser Laika Lassie marmaduke moose orbit rin tin tin snoopy Space spuds three-headed
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.