Discussion: I just adopted a 3month young chiweenie rescue!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 17 of 17  |  Show  posts at a time

Posted Anonymously
I just adopted a 3month young chiweenie rescue!
Aug 13 2007, 4:37 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 13 2007, 4:37 AM EDT
I was wondering if someone could tell me how much these chiweenies weigh at full maturity? I want to assume that the father is not a mini doxie. The baby has tiny chihuahua feet. I've searched online and they seem to average between 10-25lbs. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: imp Rescue whitstable

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: I just adopted a 3month young chiweenie rescue!
Aug 20 2007, 4:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 20 2007, 4:51 PM EDT
We have a Chiweenie and she is one year old. She is only 5.5 pounds. Her mom is a full-size doxie! I also have the grandma of the chiweenie. They are the best dogs ever. The chiweeine is such a nicer dog than any doxie I have ever had! I have always had doxies, and the chiweenie is a great mix!! 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
DoggyGal
DoggyGal
2. RE: I just adopted a 3month young chiweenie rescue!
Aug 22 2007, 2:19 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 22 2007, 2:19 PM EDT
Hey there, was wondering if any of you Chiweenie people had some pictures that you could share? We're a little light on them and I'd love for people to be able to see what these dogs look like! You can post on Chiweenie Pictures, create your own page, or add some photos to help illustrate the main Chiweenie page.

Also would be great if you could add as much info as you could to the main Chiweenie page... Experience is the best source of info!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: I just adopted a 3month young chiweenie rescue!
Aug 25 2007, 8:57 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 25 2007, 8:57 AM EDT
We just adopted an 8 month old chiweenie rescue and have been told by the vet that he's full grown at 11 pounds. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
4. RE: I just adopted a 3month young chiweenie rescue!
Oct 8 2007, 6:45 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 8 2007, 6:45 AM EDT
I have a 2 year old Chiweenie named Milo, His mom was Chi and father was standard sized Doxie, He is just under 13 LBs. He is very Muscular and a little taller than I see most Chiwennies stand but is 50/5- hybrid. I hope this helps. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: I just adopted a 3month young chiweenie rescue!
Oct 26 2007, 3:33 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 26 2007, 3:33 PM EDT
I have a female chiweenie and let me tell you there is no problem with kids or other dogs. She is a year and a half old and the love of my life topping out at a tiny 4lbs. I have 3 kids and 3 other dogs so it just depends on your dog but mine is fine she just has the typical chihuahua shakes. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
6. RE: I just adopted a 3month young chiweenie rescue!
Oct 28 2007, 1:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2007, 1:28 PM EDT
Nola is almost 2 years old and weighs in at 7.2 pounds. She loves to play fetch, chase squirrels and birds, and dominates our laps. She feels threatened by children, barking everytime she is near one. Once they are about 9 or 10, she views them as adults. No other shorties allowed around her, I guess. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
jqualkin
jqualkin
7. RE: I just adopted a 3month young chiweenie rescue!
Nov 22 2007, 7:10 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2007, 7:10 AM EST
I have a 2 year old chiweenie girl, she is 9 lbs. she is a bundle of joy, she loves to play to play with our outher dog but gets very jelous of me when I am playing with the other dog and not paying as much attention to her. I love her to pieces. She is a great lap dog onces she gets tired. One thing I love she is not yappy. She only barks when people come in the house and that is all. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
8. RE: I just adopted a 3month young chiweenie rescue!
Nov 23 2007, 10:59 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2007, 10:59 PM EST
I adopted a chiweenie from the dog pound. She's the most loveable dog to have around.

My only problem is when I'm on the computer she gets destructive and chews. If I'm doing anything else such as watching tv , working at my desk or anything else she's a perfect dog. The computer is her one and only main enemy. Why ? Do you have any clues.
Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
9. RE: I just adopted a 3month young chiweenie rescue!
Feb 5 2008, 6:14 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 5 2008, 6:14 AM EST
I have a year old little Chiweenie and she hated the computer until we put a little anti glare up on the screen, she did not like seeing another "dog" up there when we were on the computer. She got to the point that she would sit in the chair when the computer was off and growl at the "other"dog. Also we have 3 other dogs that range in size from a full blooded Beagle to a new 10 week old puggle. She gets along great with them all, was very curious and touchy about her baby sister when we get her a couple of weeks ago, but now she taugh her sister to help her pick on their big brothers. The only time she has gotten nippy is when she sleeping and one of the other pups or kids scare her awake, her first instinct is to snip at them. Other wise she is a treasure. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
10. RE: I just adopted a 3month young chiweenie rescue!
Feb 5 2008, 8:47 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 5 2008, 8:47 AM EST
My chiweenie like I said loves the other dog but gets jealous really easily. When I am paying moerea attention to the other dog or now we have noticed when the other dog goes after any of the raw hide bones my chiweenie has to have that bone. So my chiweenie ends up haveing 3 or 4 bones around her. She is 8 pounds and the other dog is 60 pounds. You would think the other dog would learn to just take the bones but my dogs bark is bigger than bigger than her bite. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
11. RE: I just adopted a 3month young chiweenie rescue!
Mar 29 2008, 10:42 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 29 2008, 10:42 AM EDT
my chiweenie is full grown and he is 10 lbs! Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
12. RE: I just adopted a 3month young chiweenie rescue!
Apr 14 2008, 4:53 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2008, 4:53 PM EDT
Mine is a 7lb girl, at 2 and a half years old. Shes very loving and get along great with the other dogs she lives with, a boxer and a eskimo dog. she plays with them all the time. Very hyper though she will play fetch 24/7. Do you find this valuable?    

chicalynn_37
13. RE: I just adopted a 3month young chiweenie rescue!
Jun 12 2008, 11:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 12 2008, 11:19 AM EDT
Hi. I am a chiweenie expert. They are the best dogs ever. I lost mine about a month ago. I am so hurt. i miss her terribly. I need to get another one for me and my dad. i want to start my own rescue soon. I am in Texas. IF anyone can help I am desperate. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Chiweenershnitzel
Chiweenershnitzel
14. RE: I just adopted a 3month young chiweenie rescue!
Aug 18 2008, 9:40 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 18 2008, 9:40 AM EDT
My chiweenie weighs 15.4 pounds, and he is a matrure dog. He is mixed with standardized daschund and regular chihuahua, so I hope that helps answer your question!

-Chiweenershnitzel
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

1billywhizz
15. RE: I just adopted a 3month young chiweenie rescue!
Feb 3 2009, 3:26 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 25 2009, 2:00 AM EST
I just read a most amusing article in my local magazine (the whitstable imp, http://www.the-imp.co.uk/community_info.html) called Get a Dog Not a Date - a promotion for the local rescue centre to coincide with Valentine's Day - I hope more people will do the right thing as you have...
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

sands904
16. RE: I just adopted a 3month young chiweenie rescue!
Jan 3 2010, 2:44 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 3 2010, 2:44 PM EST
That is probably a close assumption. The information I found was 5 to 10 lbs but that must be for a mini dachshund. Check out http://www.designermixes.org/Breed_Info/172/Chiweenie.aspx for more information. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)